Graduate Research Fund
The Graduate Student Council has secured a small fund to assist graduate student research for 2014-15. This fund is intended to assist students who face expenses related to research not otherwise covered by grants or other forms of support, such as travel to archives, equipment costs, acquiring data sets, etc. Students may request up to $300.
Those who are awarded a GSC Research grant will also be featured at the Graduate Research Symposium and will be asked to present either a poster or a short (10-12 minute) presentation.
At the conclusion of the research project (or at the end of the academic year, if the project is ongoing), the recipient of the Grant agrees to submit a brief but detailed report to the Research Fund committee on the research undertaken with the assistance of the grant and to recognize the Graduate Student Council's support in any publication that results from this research. Students who do not submit their research report will not be eligible for future GSC Research Funding.
Applicants must demonstrate that their research requires or will be significantly aided by the equipment, materials, access, etc. to be purchased by the Research Fund grant. Applicants must complete theResearch Funding Request Form
The form will require you to append the following materials as well: a cv, a project description with a proposed budget (no more than 1-2 pages), and a brief letter from the student's Department Chair, Director of Graduate Studies, or Dissertation/Thesis director in support of the student and attesting to the appropriateness of the proposed budget and project. The letter of support will be collected by the student and submitted along with the other application materials; a screen capture of an email is acceptable.
Fall: DEADLINE EXTENDED to October 22
Spring: January 30
- The grant is up to $300 for academic year 2014-2015 and will be transferred to the student's department.
- No reimbursements will be considered.
- No single student can receive GSC Research Funding more than once per academic year, and priority in subsequent years will be given to first-time applicants. If you have already received a Research Fund award, you must complete this form to be considered again.
- The student is responsible for assuring compliance with regulations regarding human and animal research and all other university research guidelines.
- The GSC Research grant is not intended for conference travel. For more information see GSC Travel Funding.
Send inquiries to: GSCpres@louisville.edu