Petition Forms

College of Education and Human Development Petitions & Forms:

Petitions are used for a variety of academic processes that may require special consideration.

Some of these academic processes include appeal admissions decision, complete late withdrawal, academic forgiveness, bankruptcy, continuing on probation status, and other issues as they arise.

Petition Forms:

If you are appealing admission, requesting academic forgiveness, academic bankruptcy, or requesting to stay on probation for the following semester, please use the form below:

Undergraduate SAC petition form

If you are requesting a complete late withdrawal for a semester, please use the forms below. The first form is the student form that must be filled out. The second form is the instructor form. This must be completed by each instructor.

Student Form

Faculty Form

Petition frequently asked questions:

1. What do I need to include in my petition?
a. With every petition you should include a petition form, a 1 page typed letter explaining your situation and your plans for being a successful student in the future. You will also need to include any supporting documentation that may help your appeal. If you are requesting a complete late withdrawal you will need to include the instructor’s form for every class that you were enrolled in for that semester.
2. What kind of supporting documents should I include?
a. Any official documents that can help support why you may have had trouble previously. Ex: Funeral notes, Medical records, legal documents, etc.
3. Where do I turn my forms in at?
a. You can either deliver your forms to the Education Advising and Student Services office (located in the College of Education Building - Room 140) or you can email your documents directly to Chelsea Wicks at
4. Who do I talk to if I have questions about the forms?
a. You can always talk to your advisor or you can contact Chelsea Wicks at 502-852-5597 or
5. How do I know if I am eligible for a complete late withdrawal?
a. Any student in the college of education that wishes to withdraw completely from a semester past the withdrawal date is eligible for a petition. The student should have had some extenuating circumstances that led to the inability to withdraw on time or caused low grades in the semester.
6. Can I do a complete late withdrawal for just one of my classes in a particular semester?
a. Your complete late withdrawal is for the whole semester you are petitioning for. If you have multiple classes, your petition will be for all of the courses taken that semester.