Admissions Volunteers in Action To Recruit
The AVIATOR program was adopted by the Diversity Recruitment Office within the Office of Admissions to foster and promote post-secondary educational awareness and development of high school students, emphasizing exposure to the University of Louisville. The AVIATOR program also supports the diversity recruitment initiatives at the University of Louisville.
AVIATORs are able to promote post-secondary educational awareness and the development of high school aged students by introducing them to your unique college experience. Currently the program is comprised of thirty undergraduate students from various backgrounds.
The main responsibilities of an AVIATOR are to enhance the office’s Diversity Visit Programs, such as “Order Your Educational Steps (OYES) Group Visit” and “Up Close and Personal Shadow Visit” opportunities. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating tours to student groups and shadow visit participants
- Sitting on and leading student panels
- Hosting and escorting prospective high school students
- Mingling with students and parents at major Admissions and Diversity Recruitment events
AVIATORs also provide support of major Admissions Office and Diversity Recruitment events, such as the Porter Scholars Reception and the Think College Now (TCN) Conference. Below is a subjective list:
- Diversity Open House, during Accolade
- Porter Luncheon, during Campus Preview Day
- Latino Multicultural Dinner
- MLK Scholars Interview Day
- Porter Scholars Reception
- Think College Now (TCN) Conference
- Cardinal OUTlook Day
To apply for the AVIATOR program:
- Must show promise of good moral character, ability to be accountable, and be able to represent the University of Louisville respectfully,
- Minimum 2.5 GPA or higher, and,
- Complete application, essay responses, and one recommendation form.
Benefits of the AVIATOR program include having the opportunity to work closely with UofL faculty and staff, gain leadership experience through planning and hosting events, possible educational stipend, uniforms, and participation in end-of-the-year celebration
For more information on how to become an AVIATOR, please contact Aria Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org