Duties and Responsibilities
The administrative head of the Department of Procurement Services is the Director of Procurement Services, who is responsible for executing and supervising the following:
- The adherence to sound purchasing policies which will result in economical procurement for the University under open, fair, and competitive conditions.
- The adherence to state statutes and administrative policies pertaining to purchasing.
- The establishment of standards and specifications for materials and supplies, where practical.
- The purchase of (or the authorization to purchase) all equipment, supplies, and services required by the University.
- The execution of rental and lease agreements on equipment (rental and lease agreements on real property are handled by Contract Administration) and service contracts.
- Maintaining contact with vendors pertaining to the issuing of purchase orders, pricing, quality, delivery and shipping instructions.
- Implementing all matters requiring disposition of, and adjustments on, rejected materials.
- The operation of Stockroom/Central Receiving, and Inventory Control/Surplus Property.
- Administration of the Procurement Card Program.