Pro-After the Emergency
procedure after emergency modified Wed Mar 15 2023 12:52:58 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
University of Louisville
After the Emergency
This procedure applies to University Community (administrators, faculty, staff, and students).
Whether an emergency is weather related, workplace violence, or a fire, appropriate actions must be taken to ensure that administrative procedures are followed to protect the facility.
After a Workplace Injury or Illness
If an individual is injured or becomes ill due to the workplace environment, follow these procedures:
- Ensure that the individual has received appropriate medical care.
- Notify the individual’s immediate supervisor of the injury/illness and the surrounding events.
- Ensure that a Workers’ Comp Claim Form is completed documenting the injury or illness as soon as possible.
Damage to your Building
If your building has received damage during an emergency, you should take the following actions:
1. Notify Physical Plant of the damage and the need to repair the facility on an emergency basis.
- Belknap Campus……………………..….……502-852-6242
- Shelby Campus……………………..…….……502-852-5601
- Health Sciences Center Campus….…502-852-5695
(Office hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., after hours call University Police at 502-852-6111)
2. Notify Risk Management at 502-852-6925 of the damage and assist them in recording and documenting the damage. (Office hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., after hours call University Police at 502-852-6111)
Chief of Police
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
University of Louisville Police
Floyd Street Parking Garage, Louisville, KY 40292
Louisville, KY 40292
Revision Date(s): March 14, 2023
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.