Non-Chargeable Services

Routine Maintenance is a service for which Physical Plant receives a budget allocation. These services are provided by Physical Plant without charge and, generally speaking, routine maintenance and operation of the campus fall within these listed categories:

  • Lock and door hardware repair
  • Light bulb replacement
  • Routine Custodial Services
  • Repair of carpet, floor tile, or other floor services
  • Routine window washing
  • Grounds, parking lots, sidewalks, and roadway maintenance
  • Snow removal
  • Roof, structural, window, door, and general building repair
  • Fence repairs
  • Indoor and outdoor lighting
  • Fire alarm, smoke detector, sprinkler system, fire suppression system, and fire extinguisher repair
  • Existing heating, cooling, plumbing, and humidification system repairs
  • Repair energy management systems
  • Repair electrical and mechanical infrastructure
  • Maintenance or replacement of equipment installed as part of an original building installation
  • Moving surplus equipment to auction
  • Recycling programs
  • Rodent and pest control
  • Setups which are part of a university academic function (labor only)
  • Desk, office furniture, and cabinet repairs
  • Elevator and escalator maintenance
  • Scheduled inspections of elevators and life safety systems

To request routine maintenance, call our work control centers:

BELKNAP   (502) 852-6241

HSC            (502) 852-5695

SHELBY      (502) 852-5601

Or complete the Non-Chargeable Service Request (New Procedure) form online.

SPECIAL EVENTS OR SETUPS: To make a request for special event or setup, complete the Physical Plant Special Event Setups form. The form must be submitted ten days prior to the event.  Academic related setups are not charged.  All other setups are chargeable.

SURPLUS ITEMS - To request items valued less than $1000.00 to be sent to Surplus, complete the Property Transfer under $1,000 (TRANUND) form. For items valued over $1000.00 to be sent to Surplus, the Property Transfer over $1,000 (TRANOVER) must be submitted.  General Services will pick up the items and take them to Surplus at no charge to the requesting department. However, items picked up from Surplus to be delivered to requesting department will now be charged.