Wade ('22) elected new chair of McConnell Scholars
"I believe that the McConnell Center is at its best when scholars are actively engaging with one another and sharing ideas," Wade said. "I hope to promote this environment so we can challenge one another and cultivate growth, both personally and professionally."
Elected by the scholars, the chair leads scholar meetings and the council, serves as the group's representative to campus organizations and plays a key role in recommending center events.
Other newly elected positions on the McConnell Scholar Council include:
- Molly Baldock ('21), vice chair
- Noah Tillery ('23), secretary
- Will Randolph ('22), service
- Jake Jones ('21), outreach
- Isabella Martin ('21), alumni relations
- Laura Hinkle ('22), health & wellness
Wade, the 26th chair in the program's history, assumes the leadership position currently held by Eric Bush ('20), who will graduate from the University of Louisville next month.