Professional Development Funds
Procedures & Restrictions
1. All expenses must be approved in advance by the department chair. A faculty member wishing to use funding must submit a brief request by email to the chair.
2. If faculty have questions regarding the propriety of specific expenses, they should consult the department chair and/or the department UBM. Final discretion on all decisions lies with the chair.
3. All university travel policy and procedures must be followed.
4. Travel expenses shall be defined as transportation, housing, registration, and per diem expenditures.
5. Faculty may purchase, via Procard, only for single-item purchases (e.g. a single copy of a book). To use the ProCard, please follow the instructions on the Procard information page.
6. According to university policy, items ordered via mail, phone, or internet must be delivered to a department address. CML's main address: 2301 S. 3rd St., 332 Bingham Humanities Bldg., University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292
7. Faculty are bound by university policy regarding the appropriate use of funds. Faculty are responsible for preserving appropriate documentation and producing it upon request in case of an audit.
8. Reimbursements must be submitted within 60 days of travel or department funds will be forfeited.
9. Personal credit card expenses can only be reimbursed it they are part of a travel expense report.
10. Funds left unspent at the end of the fiscal year will revert to the department.
For more details about Professional Development Fund policies, please visit our Department Policies page.