Interested in Being a Graduate Student Ambassador?
*Deadline to apply: April 27th, 2018
The purpose of the SIGS student ambassador program is to increase student involvement in graduate student recruitment and retention efforts, while providing current students with additional networking and professional development skills. The program will allow students to be rewarded for their time, while providing additional support in recruiting efforts to the university.
- Graduate Student Orientation (mandatory event for all ambassadors)
- Graduate Visitation Day/Open House programs
- Doctoral Hooding Ceremonies
- Panelists for admissions programs
- Unit events as needed
- Prospective student campus visits
For each event the ambassador participates in, they will be awarded $25 in credit or more on their student account through Financial Aid. If the student account has a zero balance, the $25 will be applied to their Higher One card account. If the student participates in four or more events, they will be eligible to receive a $150 travel/professional development award from SIGS.
Student ambassadors are expected to contribute to at least four activities during the course of the school year in order to be eligible for the earned incentive. Provided they meet this requirement, ambassadors will be given the option to participate a second year.
- Must be enrolled in a graduate program at the University of Louisville for at least two semesters (fall and spring).
- Must be degree-seeking and in good standing
- Must submit a letter of recommendation and or statement of endorsement from a faculty member
- Students must be available for the Ambassador Orientation on Wedenesday, July 11th, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
- Complete online SIGS student ambassador application
- Solicit recommendation/nomination from a faculty member
- Submit resume/CV (optional)
Participants in the SIGS Graduate Student Ambassador program will be selected and notified of their participation by Friday, May 18th, 2018.