UofL is a new place, with new people, offices, resources and lingo to learn about. To help make it easier for you, we've put together a few other important resources we know you'll find helpful.
The UofL New Cards app puts answers at your fingertips. It includes phone and web connections to frequent campus contacts, dining options and hours, personalized Welcome Week schedule, links to other key resources, and more. Download it today in the Apple or Google Store and login with your ULink credentials.
How to find Event Guides: Once logged in on the home page, click on the three horizontal bars in the upper left. Then select "Guides" and navigate to the guide you want to download, such as Welcome Week. Add the guide. Now that guide will appear under "My Guides" and you can add events to your personal agenda.
You're going to have a million and one questions along the way. Some of those are specific to you, but a lot of those questions are ones that many new students have. The First Year FAQ addresses those frequently asked questions and puts them in one spot to help make it easier for you. You don't know what you don't know, so read through them as you prepare to start at UofL.
If you hear a word you don't understand, check this of common acronyms and terms. If you're still not sure what it means, check with a mentor or advisor, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're all happy to help.
Are you ready to register? Have you completed the "Pre-registration questions" to lift that hold? Take care of all the essential business so you can register at your earliest opportunity, and know exactly when that is.
- Make your academic advising appointment via CardSmart.
- When are you eligible to register? Check the Registrar's schedule. Set an alarm. Or set two!
- Check for holds on your account and be sure to complete the Pre-registration Questions.
- ULink may have changed since you registered. You can watch this short video to help get you prepared and/or review step-by-step print instructions.
- Still confused? Contact your advising office or the Student Success Center. Not sure if college next semester is the right personal or financial fit? Make an appointment to evaluate your options with a Student Success Coordinator.
We want you to have an amazing first year, and the great info in Cards Courier will help you do just that. In the fall and spring, we'll email you the newsletter at key points in the semester to inform you of things like:
- Timely information to help you know how to get involved
- Updates on campus events and activities
- Important dates and deadlines, such as advising and registration timelines
- Key pieces of advice from upperclass student mentors and leaders
Look for your first Cards Courier at the start of the semester via your UofL email account.