Diversity Leadership Institute
The University of Louisville Cultural Center Diversity Leadership Institute (DLI) is a program designed to address student leadership, professional development and campus engagement. Through a series of workshops led by a diverse team of facilitators, DLI participants are exposed to a number of topics through the lens diversity and social justice, helping them understand the differences in other students they interact with. The year long program aims to help students develop leadership skills related to diversity, cross-cultural interactions, and networking strategies while preparing them to be successful advocates, allies and future student leaders.
- Connect students to the UofL campus and Louisville community.
- Connect students to resources, community leaders, and opportunities for growth.
- Empower students with leadership skills and to help them succeed following graduation.
- Expose students to a variety of leadership theories and approaches.
- Enable students to identify campus needs specific to UofL
- Support students as they utilize leadership to create positive change at UofL.
- Provide student leaders with an opportunity to explore what it means to have a leadership legacy.
- Empower students to embrace servant leadership mindset and practice.
- Educate students to identify their core values and act them.
- Encourage student self-awareness as it relates to personal strengths,
privileges, preferences and challenges.
1. Current full-time student
2. Minimum grade point average of 2.8 GPA
3. Must be available to attend all workshops and trainings
4. Must not have any active code of conduct violations/penalties
3. Current Resume
Writing Prompt: What is a Diverse Leader to you? (250 words or less)
Note: Essay must be submitted in 12 point Times New Roman font.
Applications are now closed for DLI.