Early Arrival Program
The Cultural Center Early Arrival Program (EAP) was created to help ease the high school to college transition for incoming African-American & Black students participating in the Cultural Center’s retention programs.
The two-day long annual orientation takes place August 14-15, 2019. The program includes a variety of an enriching series of discussions, events and networking activities about what it means to be an active and engaged student at the University of Louisville. The program is only open to students who register. There is a small fee for students who will be moving into the residence hall (more information provided in the Housing portal). Meals, programming, and materials are provided by the program. At the conclusion, EAP participants will transition into the university's Welcome Week schedule of events.
Eligible students will receive an invitation via their University of Louisville email address no later than July 12, 2019 with additional program and registration information.
- Build a sense of belonging to part of the campus community
- Increase knowledge of resources available on campus that will aid in having a successful first year
- Provide participants with an opportunity to network with peers and build relationships as part of their support system
- Help students in making the transition from high school to college
- A panel with upperclass students to talk about the transition to college and best practices that upperclass students use to manage their academics and involvement
- Networking dinner to connect with other first-year and upperclass students & predominantly African-American & Black serving recognizing student organizations (RSOs)
- Presentations by faculty and staff from various campus departments and academic units
- Welcome Week Student Success Check-In
1. Complete the Cultural Center Early Arrival Program Registration Form
2. Complete the Housing Early Arrival Program form (for students living on campus)
Note: If you are living on campus, both forms MUST be completed. Failure to complete both will result in you not being approved to attend the Early Arrival Program and move into your residence hall on August 14th. The form will be available to complete July 20-August 9.
Upon completion you will receive a confirmation that you are fully registered for the Early Arrival Program.
Preparing for the Early Arrival Program & Early-Move In
Be sure to check out this list of things to do and reminders to help you prepare for the Early Arrival Program before classes start.
Preparing for the Early Arrival Program
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)