Provost's Awards for Exemplary Advising
One award is given each year in each of the following categories:
- A full-time faculty member whose primary advising responsibility is advising undergraduate students.
- A full-time professional staff undergraduate academic advisor whose current and primary job responsibilities must be assigned to the academic advisement of undergraduate students AND who holds the University of Louisville Master Advisor Certification (MAC). Click here to see a list of professional advisors who are MAC certified.
2016-2017 Nomination Procedure & Letters of Support
- An eligible nominee (professional and faculty) needs 1 letter of nomination and 2 letters of support ( which then equals 3 letters total). These can be from faculty, staff, or students.
- Please note a change in the eligibility of nominees: Last year's Selection Committee decided that an eligible nominee (professional and faculty) can win the award one time. Previous award winners are not eligible to be nominated. A list of past winners is included on the university website, listed above, along with the procedures for submitting a nomination.
- All nominees in Category 1 must hold the University's Master Advisor Certification (MAC)
- The nomination/support letter form must be completed online.
- The deadline for submitting the nomination/support letter form is Friday, December 9, 2016.
Three to five online nomination/letters of support must be submitted by Friday, December 9, 2016. The online letters of support should provide clear examples of the nominee's exemplary performance. The letters of support should be from faculty, staff and students (letters from students are strongly encouraged). Click here to access the online nomination/letter of support form.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the nominator to solicit 3-5 letters of support and ensure they are submitted by the deadline published.
The names of the award recipients will be announced during the spring semester. These individuals will receive a paid trip to the 2017 National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) annual meeting. In addition, a gift to recognize the nominees and the award recipients will be presented at a reception held by Provost Billingsley to honor the award recipients.