Submit UofL Today Item
Use this to submit an announcement for inclusion on the Community Announcement section of UofL Today.
The Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) publishes UofL Today as a service to UofL faculty, staff and administrators. It is the primary medium for faculty and staff news and announcements and is delivered via e-mail to faculty and staff GroupWise accounts Monday through Friday.
Students do not receive UofL Today. Student-directed announcements are delivered to students through Student News postings and the SGA Email. To submit an announcement to Student News or for the weekly SGA Email go to http://louisville.edu/student/form/studentnewsandevents
Announcement Content Guidelines
- Announcements must pertain to official university business or to university-sponsored activities for faculty and staff or for the entire university community. OCM reserves the right to reject announcements that do not meet this criterion and to recommend other communications vehicles for promotion.
- Indicate any cost.
- OCM will not accept announcements that are:
- student-oriented (see Student-directed Announcements)
- job postings
- business advertisements (on or off campus)
- for conferences, events or organizations not sponsored by the university
- messages directed to a limited audience
- death notices
- retirement receptions (unless the person is known by the entire university community)
- employee position announcements below the dean and vice president level
OCM will repeat announcements if 10 working days have passed between announcements.
Announcements must be submitted by 2 p.m. Monday through Friday to be considered for the next workday’s UofL Today. Announcements received after that time will run on a one-day delay.
- Only university employees may submit announcements.
- All fields on the submission form MUST be filled out. Submitter information will be included at the end of the announcement.
- Item text must be no more than 75 to 85 words. (OCM will edit any announcement that exceeds this length as it sees fit.)
- Type announcements in one paragraph. (Do not indent the first line or hit "return" or "enter.")
Before clicking on "Submit," double-check the accuracy of the information.