The WebCAPE exam
Do not take this exam if you learned Spanish at home. Take the Spanish Heritage Learner exam instead. Contact Dr. Regina Roebuck (email@example.com) for more information.
The WebCAPE foreign language placement test is a computer adaptive language test authored by Brigham Young University.
Read all instructions and information shown on this page.
- Log into the WebCAPE. Choose the University of Louisville and select French, German, Russian or Spanish.
- Enter your contact and billing information
- Enter the requested user information and click the "continue" button to begin the Web CAPE placement test language that you have selected. It is important that you use your correct UofL student ID number when you fill out the information. You will receive a confirmation of the payment and testing instructions on your e-mail.
- Immediately after you complete the exam you will receive your score and placement course level.
Please note: You must enter your UofL student ID number. Your score cannot be processed if you do not include your student ID number when you register.
Before you begin, please keep in mind the following:
- You DO NOT need to be an admitted student to take the test.
- The Web-CAPE test will cover both familiar and unfamiliar material, because the goal is to find out what you do know and what you don't know. Don't let this discourage you. If you aren't sure, make your best guess and move on. The test is designed to give you a number of opportunities to answer questions at different levels of skill.
- Because this test is used for placement purposes, we recommend only taking the Web-CAPE test once per language. If you take the exam a second time without permission your placement may be recorded incorrectly
- It may take up to 14 business days for your score to be uploaded into Peoplesoft. If you wish to register ahead of that, you may take a printed copy of your score result and the appropriate add/drop paperwork to the Registrar's office.