Honors and Awards:
- President’s Exemplary Multicultural Teaching Award. University of Louisville, Louisville, KY. 2012.
- Outstanding M.A. Mentor, School of Graduate and Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Louisville, KY. 2014.
- Diversity Champion, College of Arts and Sciences, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY. 2011.
Areas of research and teaching:
- Mexican, Ecuadorian and Latin American Literature
- Colonial Latin American Literature
- U.S. Latino Fiction
- Latin American Cultural Studies
- Technology in the Foreign Language Classroom
- Latin American Film
- Brazilian Studies
Courses regularly taught:
- Span 403, Foundations of Latin American Nationalism and Identities
- Span 405, Introduction to Literary Analysis
- Span 554, Latin American Film
- Span 648, Contemporary Issues in the Hispanic World
- Span 599 & 670, Special Topics. My classes always include a Cultural Studies approach, such as Border Studies, Film Studies, Andean Area Studies, Southern Cone Area Studies, Faith and Religion in Latin Culture, Soccer and the Latin American Imagination, etc.