Deborah Kozik, D.O.
Deborah Kozik, D.O.
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
Attending physician, Jewish Hospital and St. Mary’s Healthcare, Norton Healthcare, Norton Children’s Hospital, and University Hospital
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery
- B.S., Ohio University, Honors Tutorial College, Athens, Ohio
- D.O., New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, New York
- Fellow, Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, The Children’s Hospital Denver – Denver, Colorado
- Resident, Thoracic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Research Fellow, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Research Fellow, Department of Surgery, MetroHealth Medical Center - Cleveland, Ohio
- Resident, General Surgery, Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center - Brooklyn, New York
- Osteopathic Intern, Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center - Brooklyn, New York
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery/Congenital Subspecialty
- American Board of Surgery/Surgery
- July 2010, Women in Thoracic Surgery
- July 2010, American Medical Association
- Sept 2009, American Osteopathic Association
- June 2007, American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Mar 2004, American Board of Surgery
- July 2003, Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Kozik DJ, Plunkett MD. Mechanical Circulatory Support. Organogenesis, 2011: 7(1): 50-63.
- Baker JE, Kozik D, Hsu AK, Fu X, Tweddell JS, Gross GJ. Darbopoetin alfa protects the rat heart against infarction: dose response, phase of action, and mechanisms. Cardiovascular Pharmacology, 2007; 49 (6): 337-45.
- Kozik DJ, D.O., Tweddell JS, M.D. Characterizing the Inflammatory Response to Cardiopulmonary Bypass in Children. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2006; 81: S2347-54.
- Malangoni MA, Times ML, Kozik D, Merlino JL. Admitting service influences the outcomes of patients with small bowel obstruction. Surgery, 2001 Oct; 130 (4): 706-13.
- Piskun G, Kozik D, Rajpal S, Shaftan G, Fogler R. Comparison of laparoscopic, open, and converted appendectomy for perforated appendicitis. Surgical Endoscopy, 2001 Jul; 15 (7): 660-2.