Riveting Recipes Wanted
Be a part of the third annual Get Healthy Now Recipe Challenge by submitting a healthy recipe in the highlighted category for each selected month. All exquisitely delectable recipes that qualify will be put in to the Get Healthy Now Riveting Recipes Cookbook. The grand prize winner will receive a $100 gift card and be featured on a campus dining facility menu.
Recipe Challenge Rules and Regulations
- Challenge begins Monday, March 1, 2011.
- First 25 recipes will be accepted each month (GET YOUR RECIPES IN EARLY!)
- Recipes are to be submitted online.
- Each month will be designated to a course:
March April May June July August September October Snacks Lunches Side Dishes Appetizers Desserts Main Dishes/
- Each recipe needs to include at least two or more of the following to qualify:
- Either a Whole grain, Fruit or Vegetable
- Total calories from fat must be 20-30% or less of total calories for each serving
- Low-fat dairy ingredients
- Meat ingredients must be a lean variety
- 30g or less of sugar in each serving
- 600mg or less of sodium in each serving
- Recipe entries MUST include the number of servings in order to be considered for submission.
- Exact ingredient measurements are required. (i.e. tablespoons, teaspoons, ounces, etc.)
- Copyright protected recipes MUST have an item changed from the original.
Eight recipes will be chosen (one from each month) based on their health and nutritional content as evaluated by U of L nutrition students. The eight semifinalists will be narrowed down to four finalists (one from each course) by the GHN staff based on ease of cooking, price of ingredients and time taken to get to the finished course.
At the end of the challenge, the four finalists will be invited to participate in a taste test hosted by GHN Staff members and Sodexo to vote for the grand prize winner!
The winner will receive a grand prize of a $100 GIFT CARD and their recipe added to the menu at one of the dining services at U of L!
Semi-finalists will receive a prize from the Get Healthy Now staff and their recipes will be listed on our website.
All qualifying recipes will be added to the Get Healthy Now Riveting Recipes Healthy Cookbook!