About Get Healthy Now
WELLNESS PROGRAM TITLE/YEAR IMPLEMENTED
Get Healthy Now, 2005
10,000 covered lives, self-funded medical model
Lead the way in cultivating a thriving workforce to support the University’s commitment to educate and serve. Get Healthy Now will create a culture of engagement and impact through holistic care and services that strive to improve the quality of life for those in our Cardinal family.
Educate and encourage employees as they adopt healthy habits and lifestyles that promote a balanced and connected community. Create an all-encompassing program that incorporates the pillars of physical, emotional, financial, and social well-being.
- Nurture culture of health
- Incent and engage employees as part of total rewards
- Contain health care costs
- Decelerate rate of increase in overall cost of coverage
WELLNESS PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Get Healthy Now (GHN) was launched in 2005 as an integral part of a comprehensive employee benefit package. It is a voluntary, incentive-based program. Participating employees receive a $40 monthly premium incentive for participation ($480 annually). Additional incentives can be earned based on program-specific participation. The program is open to spouses, qualifying adults, and retirees.
- Vendor partner: Health Advocate (HA). HA provides the program’s online Personal Health Profile, Health Coaching, Advocacy, Chronic Condition Management, and web platform.
- Web site: www.louisville.edu/gethealthynow
- Comprehensive Wellness Offerings designed to mitigate UofL’s top three lifestyle drivers of health care cost: obesity, stress, and lack of physical activity.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- CUPA-HR National and Regional Award
- American Heart Association’s Platinum Fit-friendly recognition
- Business First’s 2010 “Healthiest Employer of Louisville” Award (5,000+ employees)
- Mayor’s “Healthy Hometown Movement Veteran Worksite Wellness Award”
- Worksite Wellness Council of Louisville Platinum level recognition
KEY TO SUCCESS/BEST PRACTICE
- Removing silos through systematic partnership
- Integrating health and chronic condition management strategies (data collection, analysis, and marketing)
- Strong leadership support
- Engagement with campus and community constituents through alignment of mutual goals
HEALTH MANAGEMENT= WEALTH MANAGEMENT:
Financial wellbeing is one of the foundations for good health and the Get Healthy Now program is happy to share some of the programs that are available to an employee to aid them with their financial wellbeing. Saving for your retirement allows you to manage your money now so that you can live without financial worries in your future. More information is provided at the link above about retirement options available at UofL. A second program that is available to you for your financial wellbeing is through our Employee Assistance Program(EAP) which is free and confidential for you. They can help you in creating a budget, managing your expenses or other financial concerns. HDC-Human Development Company is our EAP and you can reach out to them at 1-800-877-8332 or via the internet at www.humandev.com.