Wellness Coaching Opportunities for the Greater Louisville Community
NOW available for your company or organization!
Plant a powerful seed for a higher performing work force...
Partner with a Get Healthy Now Wellness Coach Intern
Wellness Coaching Works:
- Based on research studies, coaching:
- Reduces healthcare costs, absenteeism, employee turnover, and burnout
- Increases the bottom-line, morale, creativity, and innovation
- Improves employee’s leadership, communication, and inter-personal skills more than management training
- Creates a meaningful difference in learning, job performance, and organizational results
The Evidence for Coaching in Leadership and Healthcare
Margaret Moore, Founder & CEO Wellcoaches Corporation
Co-director, Institute of Coaching ICF 2009 Annual International Conference
"The University of Louisville is at the cutting-edge
in teaching wellness coaching at the undergraduate level.
I am impressed with not only the Interdisciplinary Wellness Coaching Minor curriculum,
but also with the expert team of interdisciplinary faculty
and the engagement and the caliber of U of L’s wellness coaching students."
Margaret Moore, Founder & CEO, Wellcoaches Corporation
Co-director, Institute of Coaching
“The level of professional work ethic, behavioral coaching background, and experiencecoming from the Get Healthy Now Wellness Coaches straight out of school is something that I see in my coaches on staff once they’ve been hired for several years.
U of L’s Wellness Coaching program prepares these students for real life, affords experiences that foster empathy and confidence to guide our members to success.I applaud U of L’s efforts and will continue to look to the GHN Wellness Coaching Program to fill my recruitment needs.”
Sarah Ogden, CHES | Wellness Manager | Carewise Health, Inc.
“I am enthusiastic about what the Wellness Coaching Internship program has done (and is doing) for me.
My wellness coach intern, Sumit Gupta, created a powerful partnership,
where I was able to achieve more than I could have achieved alone.”
R. Thomas Blackburn, J.D.
Professor of Law, Brandeis School of Law
University of Louisville
Your commitment involves:
- Providing a site supervisor
- Securing a private room (for coaching), a locked filing cabinet, and minimal office supplies
Wellness Coaching Interns have successfully completed:
- Rigorous application and interview process
- Intense wellness coaching curriculum:
- HSS 382–Wellness Coaching
- HSS 492--on-site Wellness Coaching Internship
- CITI Human Research Curriculum Completion
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Course
Weekly supervision & oversight of interns by:
- Faculty-Department of Health and Sport Sciences, College of Education and Human Development