Dr. Shucks' curriculum vitae [PDF]
- EdD, Adult Education and Human Resource Development, Florida International University, 2010
- M.A.E., Counseling and Student Affairs, Western Kentucky University, 2005
- BA, Education and Behavioral Sciences and Arts and Humanities, 2002
- Employee engagement
- Human resource development
- Experiential leadership and management development
- Positive psychology
- Instructional design and emerging e-learing strategies
- Organization development
- Business Ethics and Knowledge Management
- Designing Learning
- Instructional Design
- Adult Teaching Models
Honors and Awards
- South Eastern Association Housing Officers, Best Overall Program, 2006
- Distinguished Performance Award, Division of Student Affairs, 2005- 2006
- Student Life Foundation Award for Excellence, 2002- 2003
Professional Activities & Interests
- Human Resource Development Review, Reviewer, 2009- Present
- New Horizon’s in Adult Education and Human Resource Development, Reviewer 2010-Present
- Academy of Human Resource Development, Proceedings Reviewer, 2009- Present
- FIU College of Education Research Conference, Proceedings Reviewer, 2007- Present
- Academy of Human Resource Development, St. Paul, Minnesota Scholar-Practitioner SIG, Publications, Co-Chair, 2010-Present
- *Rose, K., Shuck, B., Twyford, D., & Bergman, M. (under review). Skunked: An integrative review exploring the consequences of dysfunctional leaders and implications for the employees who work for them. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- *Shuck, B., Twyford, D., Reio, T. G., Shuck. A. (in press). Human resource development practices and employee engagement: Examining the connection with employee turnover intentions. Manuscript submitted for publication to Human Resource Development Quarterly. [Received accept with minor revisions decision, October, 2013; submitted revised manuscript November, 2013]
- Reio Jr., T., & Shuck, B. (in press). Exploratory factor analysis: Implications for theory, research, and practice. [Special Issue]. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 16(X).
- Nimon, K., Reio Jr., T., & Shuck, B. (in press). Quantitative data analytic techniques to advance HRD theory and practice. [Special Issue]. Advances in Developing Human Resources, 16(X).
- Shuck, B., & Reio, T. (2013). Employee engagement and wellbeing: A moderation model and implications for practice. Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies. Advanced online publication. doi: 10.1177/1548051813494240
- Shuck, B., & Herd, A. (2012). Employee engagement and leadership: Exploring the convergence of two frameworks and implications for leadership development in HRD. Human Resource Development Review, 11(2), 156-181. doi: 10.1177/1534484312438211.
- Shuck, B., & Reio, T., & Rocco, T. (2011). Employee engagement: An antecedent and outcome approach to model development. Human Resource Development International, 14(4), 427-445.
- Weinstein, M., & Shuck, B. (2011). Social ecology and individual training and development in organizations: Introducing the social in instructional system design. Human Resource Development Review, 10(3), 286-303. doi: 10.1177/1534484311411074