Dr. Bay-William's curriculum vitae [PDF]
- PhD Curriculum and Instruction/Mathematics Education, University of Missouri-Columbia
- MEd Secondary Education, University of Missouri-Columbia
- BA Mathematics (with Grade 7-12 certficiation), DePauw University – Greencastle, IN
- Elementary, Middle, and High School Mathematics
- Middle School Education
- Graduate Topics in Mathematics Education
- Mathematics teaching practice for English Language Learners (ELLs)
- Implementation of standards-based mathematics curriculum/innovations in mathematics education
- Mathematics Teacher Education
- Use of Literature in Teaching Mathematics
- Issue Editor, NCTM 74th Yearbook: Professional Collaborations in Mathematics Teaching and Learning: Seeking Success for All. 2008 – present. (Publication date: 2012).
- Member-at-Large, Board of Directors, 2010-2012
- St. Louis Program Committee Member, NCTM Regional Meeting, 2010-2011
- Editorial Panel, JMTE Special Issue: Equity in Mathematics Teacher Education (2012).
- President , Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE) (President Elect, 2006-2007, President 2007-2009, Past-President 2009-2010)
- Chair, NCTM Emerging Issues Committee (2007 – 2009)
- Advisory Board, US-Teacher Education Development Study (TEDS) Project (2007-Present)
Honors & Awards
- Kentucky Council of Teachers of Mathematics (KCTM) Mathematics Education Service and Achievement (M.E.S.A.) Award, Louisville, KY (2008).
- Rock Bridge High School Hall of Fame Inductee. Rock Bridge High School, Columbia, MO (2004).
- Commerce Bank Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award, College of Education, KSU (2003).
- Excellence in Graduate Faculty Teaching Award, College of Education, KSU (2002)
- Kappa Delta Pi Teacher of the Year Award; Manhattan, KS (2001).
- Appalachian Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AAMTE)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (AMTE)
- Kentucky Council of Teachers of Mathematics (KCTM)
- National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- TODOS: Mathematics for All
Selected Recent Publications
- Bay-Williams, J. M. (2013). Field Experience Guide for Elementary and Middle School Mathematics (4th edition). New York: Allyn and Bacon.
- Van de Walle, J., Karp, K. S., & Bay-Williams, J. M. (2013). Elementary and Middle School Mathematics Methods: Teaching Developmentally (8th edition). New York: Allyn and Bacon.
- Caldwell, J. H., Karp, K., & Bay-Williams, J. M. (2011). Developing Essential Understanding of Addition and Subtraction in Prekindergarten–Grade 2. Reston, VA: NCTM.
- Bay-Williams, J. M. & Martinie, S. L. (2009). Mathematics and Nonfiction: Grades 6-8. Sausalito, CA: Math Solutions Publications.
- Bay-Williams, J. M. & Martinie, S. L. (2004). Mathematics and Literature: Grades 6 - 8. Sausalito, CA: Math Solutions Publications.
- Bush, S., McGatha, M., & Bay-Williams, J.M. (2012) Invest in financial literacy! Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School.
- Bay-Williams, J. M., & Livers, S. (2009). Supporting Math Vocabulary Acquisition. Teaching Children Mathematics, 16(4), 238-246.