Dr. Hambrick's curriculum vitae [PDF]
- PhD, Educational Leadership and Organizational Development with an emphasis in Sport Administration, University of Louisville, 2010
- MBA, Finance, University of Kentucky, 1996
- BA, Finance, Transylvania University, 1995
- Financial Principals in Sport
- Senior Seminar in Sport Administration
- Social media usage in sports
- Diffusion of innovations in the sporting goods industry
Honors & Awards
- Red and Black Award (for outstanding advising and instruction), 2010, 2012
- John Richard Binford Memorial Award, 2010
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award from the College of Education and Human Development, 2010
- Sport and Recreation Law Association Bernard Patrick Maloy Graduate Student Research Award, 2008
- North American Society for Sport Management
- Sport and Recreation Law Association
- Sanderson, J., & Hambrick, M. E. (in press). Covering the scandal in 140 characters: Exploring the role of Twitter in coverage of the Penn State saga. International Journal of Sport Communication.
- Hambrick, M. E. (2012). Six degrees of information: Using social network analysis to explore the spread of information within sport social networks. International Journal of Sport Communication, 5, 16-34.
- Hambrick, M. E., & Mahoney, T. Q. (2011). "It's incredible - trust me": Exploring the role of celebrity athletes as marketers in online social networks. International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing, 10, 161-179.
- Hambrick, M. E., Simmons, J. M., Greenhalgh, G. P., & Greenwell, T. C. Twitter in sport: A content analysis of professional athlete tweets. International Journal of Sport Communication, 3, 454-471.