Student Organization Advisor Training
Student organization advisors play a central role in the success of student organizations. This training will focus on three key components of student organization advising: understanding the roles & responsibilities of advisors; group dynamics and student development; and training. Participants will have an opportunity to engage in dialogue around real student organization advising issues and increase their capacity for serving as more effective advisors. Lastly, participants will leave with a wealth of resources to support the training of student organization advisors.
- Participants will understand and identity the varied roles, responsibilities and expectations of student organization advisers.
- Participants will know and be able to apply principles of group dynamics to groups they advise.
- Participants will be equipped to provide training and resources for colleagues engaged in student organization advising.
- Participants will be able to identity and apply appropriate strategies to resolve conflicts and problem within an organization or with an individual advisee.
- Participants will be able to discuss the value of a learning centered student development approach to student organization advising.
- Participants will be able to identity challenges with, and strategies to, advising multi-cultural and identity-based student organizations.
Training Schedule: Wednesday, Sept. 29 (tentative)
Location: SAC W3104:00pm - 5:00pm: Introductions & Student Organization Advising Roles and Expectations
5:00pm - 6:00pm: Understanding Group Dynamics and Behaviors
6:00pm - 7:00pm: Understanding University of Louisville Policies and Procedures
For questions or more information please contact:Michael D. Anthony Sharon Mudd
Interim Director Program Coordinator Sr.
Cultural Center Student Activities Department
University of Louisville University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292 Louisville, KY 40292