A welcome message from the Chair
Welcome to the Commission for Diversity and Racial Equality (CODRE) website! As current chair, I invite you to review and explore how the Commission is committed to its mission as an advisory group to the President of the University on issues of diversity and inclusion to improve the learning and working environments among our faculty, staff and students at the University of Louisville.
Some of the Commission on Diversity and Racial Equality accomplishments includes:
- The Diversity Study which shows the trend lines of our university workforce over a ten-year period;
- Climate Study completed in Spring 2015 in collaboration with the Great Places to Work committee (GPTW), the Commission on the Status of Women (COSW), and the Office of Institutional Planning and Research (OIPR);
- Embracing Disability Conference: a week-long series of presentations and panel discussions across Belknap and Health Sciences campus to raise awareness of issues of diversity;
- Presidential Exemplary Multicultural Teaching Award;
- Presidential Exemplary Multicultural Staff Award
We are excited about this coming year and it is our hope that this website will keep you updated on all CODRE’s activities for 2015-16.
Vickie Bridgeman, M.Ed., MA
Chair, Commission on Diversity and Racial Equality (CODRE)
Cultural Center - Retention & Assessment
University of Louisville
Louisville, Kentucky 40292
PH: (502) 852-0232
FAX: (502) 852-0913