Provost's Awards for Exemplary Advising
One award is given each year in both of the following categories:
- A full-time faculty member whose primary advising responsibility is advising undergraduate students.
- A full-time professional staff undergraduate academic advisor whose current and primary job responsibilities must be assigned to the academic advisement of undergraduate students AND who holds the University of Louisville Master Advisor Certification (MAC). Click here to see a list of professional advisors who are MAC certified.
*Past recipients of the award may be nominated, but they will not be considered for selection if they have received the award in the past five years.
2013-2014 Nomination Procedure & Letters of Support
- All nominations must include a letter of support from the nominator and 3-5 additional letters of support from faculty, staff, or students.
- The nomination/support letter form must be completed online.
- The deadline for submitting the nomination/support letter form is Monday, December 2, 2013.
Three to five online nomination/letters of support must be submitted by Monday, December 2, 2013. The online letters of support should provide clear examples of the nominee's exemplary performance. The letters of support should be from faculty, staff and students (letters from students are strongly encouraged). Click here to access the online nomination/letter of support form.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of the nominator to solicit 3-5 letters of support and ensure they are submitted by the deadline published.
The names of the award recipients will be announced during the spring semester. These individuals will receive a paid trip to the 2014 National Academic Advising Association (NACADA) annual meeting. In addition, a gift to recognize the nominees and the award recipients will be presented at a reception held by Provost Willihnganz to honor the award recipients. The reception is being planned for April 2014. Specific details will be posted as they become available.