Federal Work-Study Position Available in the U of L Women’s Center, Fall 2018-Spring 2019
(Please note: You must have received notification from the University of Louisville Financial Aid Office that you have received federal work study for the current academic year before applying for this position).
FWS awards are based on 15 hours per week. If a student works more than 15 hours per week, their award may not last the entire semester. A student can never work more than 40 hours per week.
This is a great work-study position that will provide opportunity for professional development and leadership. You will gain knowledge in gender equity issues and interact with a diverse population. It will strengthen your communication skills and improve your planning and multi-tasking abilities.
- Friendly and professional demeanor; reliable and dependable
- Design flyers and other promotional material for the office. Restock all promotional items and brochures as well as keep cabinet organized and maintained.
- Assist with programming and promotion of the Women Center student support groups: AAUW at U of L; Empowering Ladies Together (ELT); Student-Parent Association; Women4Women Student Board; United Nations Association (UNA) Women at U of L; and Women Veteran Support Group.
- Table at various campus & community events representing the U of L Women’s Center.
- Provide staffing for Center Program initiatives, such as the Empowerment Luncheon and others
- Research & develop a program initiative in line with the Women Center goals that would benefit students and the campus community.
- Serve as a student representative on various planning committees.
- Provide Administrative Support –- answer telephones, greeting visitors, photocopying, pick up and distribute mail; running errands,—assist with the daily operations of the Women’s Center.
- Good computer skills--Knowledge with Word, Excel and Power Point, Xeroxing and other duties as assigned.
Email resume to Women's Centeror Phyllis M. Webb .To schedule an interview, call the U of L Women’s Center, 852-8976.