The mission of the Women’s Center is to offer support and resources to empower women with the goal of promoting an inclusive and equitable campus community and to develop engaged and compassionate leaders.
Our vision is that the Women’s Center will be a safe and inclusive place of connectedness, empowerment and support for our growing multidimensional society.
The Women’s Center carries out our mission through these goals.
- Support the vision of the Office of Diversity and International Affairs particularly as it relates to the multidimensional realities of women’s lives.
- Educate University policy makers, students, faculty, staff and community members regarding issues that affect women.
- Assist the University in achieving its retention and graduation goals by implementing programs that enhance, support and empower women on campus.
- Facilitate student development that affirms students’ identities through leadership, mentoring and personal and professional development opportunities.
- Support the goals of the University’s 21st Century Initiative to provide a global perspective to students.