St. Baldrick’s Foundation Spring Grant Cycle Awards
- Sponsor: St. Baldrick’s Foundation
- Internal Deadline: November 20, 2020 - (Still Accepting Applications)
- Sponsor Deadline: December 4, 2020 (LOI);February 19, 2021 (full proposal)
- Grand Challenge(s): 2- Advancing our Health
- Link: https://www.stbaldricks.org/for-researchers/
Brief Synopsis from Sponsor: SBF is a volunteer-powered charity committed to funding biomedical research to better understand the causes of pediatric cancers and to advance its prevention, treatment, and cure. The following programs/categories are available in the Spring Cycle:
- St. Baldrick’s Scholars, meant to help develop the independent research of highly qualified individuals still early in their careers. Recipients are called St. Baldrick’s Scholars;
- St. Baldrick’s International Scholars, is to train researchers from low- and middle- income countries (as classified by the World Bank) to prepare them to fill specific stated needs in an area of childhood cancer research upon returning to their country of origin. Recipients are called St. Baldrick’s International Scholars.
Please read full opportunity linked above before submitting your application.
- The Scholar (Career Development) Award: (Up to $110,000/year, two-year minimum.)
- International Scholar Awards: (Up to $110,000/year, three-year minimum.) This is a three (3) year award, with an option for two (2) additional years based on progress.
Be aware: Each program/institution may submit one LOI/application in the Scholar Award category and one LOI/application in the International Scholar Award category. UofL will decide which to submit via an internal application process determined by peer review.
Anyone interested in submitting for this program must first submit an internal application to email@example.com, with copy to the applicable research dean, by 5 p.m. on the date listed above, including the following materials:
- A summary of the proposal (maximum two pages);
- A paragraph describing why you would be the most competitive candidate for this program;
- Your current curriculum vitae;
- A cover page that contains:
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal;
- Your name, position, and UofL office contact information;
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if applicable).
Reviewers will judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put forward competitive internal proposals. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria as well as the UofL strategic goals.
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline listed above.
If you have any questions, please
Email: Will Metcalf
Research Development & Strategic Initiatives
Office of the EVP – Research & Innovation
2301 South 3rd Street, Jouett Hall | Louisville, KY 40292
(Office) 502-852-1708 | (Cell) 502-777-3784