Amgen Foundation Grants
- Sponsor: Amgen Foundation
- Internal Deadline: On-going
- Sponsor Deadline: Accepted throughout the year, with decisions made quarterly
- Link: https://www.amgen.com/responsibility/grants-and-giving/amgen-foundation-grants/
Brief Synopsis from Sponsor: The Amgen Foundation seeks to advance excellence in science education to inspire the next generation of innovators, and invest in strengthening communities where Amgen staff members live and work. The Amgen Foundation carefully considers each grant application it receives, seeking out diverse organizations whose philosophies, objectives and approaches align with the Foundation goals and mission.
The Foundation awards grants to local, regional, and international nonprofit organizations that are replicable, scalable and designed to have a lasting and meaningful effect in our communities. Grants should reflect Amgen's dedication to impacting lives in inspiring and innovative ways.
The Amgen Foundation has established grant-making partnerships with qualified intermediary partners to manage donations to organizations chartered outside of the United States.
Anticipated Funding Amount: Awards may vary. Amgen Foundation grants range from $10,000 to multi-million dollar commitments.
Be aware: Applicant organizations may submit only one proposal per calendar year. UofL will decide which proposal to submit via an internal application process determined by peer review.
Anyone interested in submitting for this program must first submit an internal application to Research Development & Strategic Initiatives, with copy to the applicable research dean and Will Metcalf including the following materials:
- A summary of the proposal (maximum two pages);
- A paragraph describing why your project would be the most competitive candidate for this program;
- Your current curriculum vitae;
- A cover page that contains:
- The name of this funding opportunity and title of your proposal;
- Your name, position, and UofL office contact information;
- Collaborator names, positions, and institutions (if applicable).
Reviewers will judge proposals as they would in any peer review process, so PIs are urged to put forward competitive internal proposals. Along with typical criteria, reviewers will evaluate internal proposals based on their fit with the sponsor’s articulated goals and criteria as well as the UofL strategic goals.
The above internal application materials should be submitted via email as a single .PDF file to Research Development & Strategic Initiatives by the internal deadline listed above.
If you have any questions, please contact Will Metcalf.