Lesson Registration & Tuition
- New students may register for lessons at the link below. Students will be charged a one-time enrollment fee of $125.
- SPC New Student Registration Form
- Upon receiving confirmation of your registration, our staff will connect you with an instructor. Note, students may indicate a preferred instructor during registration, though placement is not guaranteed.
Lesson tuition is due at the start of each semester. Students will be sent an invoice prior to each term. Payment for the semester or the first monthly payment must be made in full prior to the first lesson. Lessons will not begin until payment has been received.
|SPC Private Lesson Tuition Rates (Non-Suzuki)|
|Length||30 Minutes||45 Minutes
|SPC Private Lesson Tuition Rates (Suzuki)|
|Length||30 Minutes||45 Minutes||60 Minutes|
- Suzuki Group Classes are offered bi-monthly. The group class fee is included in the Suzuki semester tuition.
- The use of an accompanist is included in the semester tuition, which covers the cost of a pianist for all SPC recitals. Each student is allotted (1) rehearsal per performance with the accompanist.
- Additionally, all SPC students receive free admission to all Music eX concerts, a discount on our summer programs, and an invitation to attend a program-wide, end-of-semester celebration.
- Families with three or more students enrolled at the SPC pay 85% tuition after paying full tuition for two students. The discount applied to the student with the lowest tuition rate.
- There is a one-time registration fee of $125 for new students. This fee is only applied once per family.
- Students who join mid-term will receive a pro-rated tuition fee.
- Payments may be made by semester or in four monthly installments. Contact us at email@example.com for more information about payment plans.
- Monthly payments are due on the 1st day of each month.
- Make payable to "University of Louisville" and include “String Prep Center” in the memo line, along with the student’s name.
- Checks may be mailed to University of Louisville, School of Music,Attn: String Preparatory Center, Louisville, KY 40292.
- Checks may also be delivered in person to the School of Music office or the after- hours drop box.
- A $30 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
- Pay online using the following link: https://louisville.edu/music/payment/spc
- When asked for an invoice number, enter “SPC”
- You may also pay with card via phone at (502) 852-1859.
- A 2.5% fee will be applied to all credit card payments.
- Exact change only will be accepted in person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up this payment option.
Tuition in full or the first monthly installment is due prior to the start of each semester. Following the first installment, each monthly payment is due by the 1st day of each month. Late payments will incur a $10 late fee per day. If payment is not received by the 5th day of the month, lessons will be placed on hold until the payment is completed.
Partial scholarship awards and financial assistance may be granted to select students who qualify. If you wish to be considered for financial aid, please fill out the following form: