OPT: Personal and Employer Information
PLEASE NOTE: A student can remain unemployed for an aggregate of no more than 90 days during an initial 12 month OPT period. The work may be full-time or part-time., and may occur anywhere in the United States. If you are in post completion OPT, you must work a minimum of 20 hours per week to constitute full time employment.
Anytime there is a change in your employment status, place or address of employment, or local mailing address, please provide an update to the International Center using this form located on our website at www.louisville.edu/internationalcenter/isss. Below are the SEVIS mandated reporting requirements for the student and the University. Please review this information.
If you change your immigration status, please scan and email a copy of the approval notice to the ISSS Service Account
By filling this form out you agree that the above is accurate and true.
• 8 CFR 214.2(f)(5) defines the duration of status for F-1 students as “the time during which an F-1 student is pursuing a full course of study at an educational institution approved by the Service for attendance by foreign students, or engaging in authorized practical training following completion of studies …”
• 8 CFR 214.2(f)(10)(ii)(E) states that “A DSO who recommends a student for optional practical training is responsible for maintaining the record of the student for the duration of the time that training is authorized.”
• 8 CFR 214.2(f)(17) requires that “A student must inform the DSO and the Service of any legal changes to his or her name or of any change of address, within 10 days of the change, in a manner prescribed by the school. A student enrolled at a SEVIS school can satisfy the requirement in 8 CFR 265.1 of notifying the Service by providing a notice of a change of address within 10 days to the DSO, who in turn shall enter the information in SEVIS within 21 days of notification by the student.”
• 8 CFR 214.2(f)(12) requires that “An F-1 student authorized by the Service to engage in practical training is required to report any change of name or address, or interruption of such employment to the DSO for the duration of the authorized training. A DSO who recommends a student for optional practical training is responsible for updating the student’s record to reflect these reported changes for the duration of time that training is authorized.”
• 8 CFR 214.3(g)(3) requires reporting within 21 days of change in “Any other notification request made by SEVIS with respect to the current status of the student”.