Graduate School Student Emergency Grant Fund
The Graduate School has established emergency funds for current graduate students. This fund, managed through a grant, is designed to help alleviate immediate, unexpected expenses due to circumstances beyond student's control. that cause financial hardships which may endanger a student’s ability to continue enrollment in a graduate program at the University of Louisville. The unexpected expense can be of an emergency in nature or an unplanned non-discretionary expense. This funding is not intended to assist with paying tuition bills.
Any funding provided will generally be capped at $500.
Guidelines and Eligibility:
- Student must be in good standing with the University
- There is a one-time award per applicant
- Awards are not loans and are not required to be repaid.
- Must be able to demonstrate financial need with supporting documentation
- Each request will be
- Applicant may be required to meet with Graduate School staff to discuss their application
- Awards will be credited to the student’s financial account and can be accessed via Cardinal Card. Please note, any unpaid balance on the student’s university account will be deducted from funds received through the graduate student emergency program.
- Funds are not guaranteed to applicants, each request will be assessed on an individual basis
- Student agrees to follow up communication by the Director of Graduate Recruitment & Diversity Retention
Types of Expenses Covered (non-discretionary)
- Unforeseen health emergencies/medical/dental bills due to an emergency
- Out-of-state travel related to death of immediate family member
- Safety Needs (i.e. changing a lock)
- Replacement of personal belongings/furniture due to fire, natural disaster or theft
Not covered Study abroad travel
- Computer/electronics replacement
- Parking tickets/fines
- Standard housing/living expenses
- Research-related expenses
- Cell phone bills
- Credit card debt
- Student loan debt