Friday, February 11
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(Registration opens at 8 a.m.)
Light breakfast and buffet lunch provided
450 North Whittington Parkway
Louisville, Kentucky 40222
Join your colleagues from across the university as we celebrate teaching, reconnect with one another, and gather new ideas and inspiration. This year, we will consider how meaningful educational relationships impact student motivation, learning, belonging, and success.
Start your day with opening remarks from Interim President Lori Stewart Gonzalez.
Engage with Dr. Peter Felten, co-author of Relationship-Rich Education: How Human Connections Drive Success in College, who will offer the conference keynote.
Choose from among numerous peer-reviewed concurrent and poster sessions offered across four 1-hour blocks, including selected hybrid sessions with the opportunity to attend virtually.
Celebrate with us as we recognize the 2020-21 Faculty Favorite Award nominees at lunch and enjoy networking opportunities throughout the day.
Conclude your day of professional enrichment with colleagues and door prizes at the afternoon reception.
|8 - 8:30 a.m.
||Registration and Light Breakfast
|8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Interim President Lori Stewart Gonzalez and Dr. Marie Kendall Brown
|9:10 - 10:10 a.m.
||Block 1 of Concurrent Sessions
|10:10 - 10:20 a.m.
|10:20 - 11:35 a.m.
Relationship-Rich Education: Laying the Groundwork for Quality, Equity, and Inclusion at UofL
Dr. Peter Felten
|11:35 a.m. - 12:35 p.m.
|12:35 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
||Recognition of 2020-21 Faculty Favorites Nominees
Dr. Marie Kendall Brown
|1 - 1:10 p.m.
|1:10 - 2:10 p.m.
||Block 2 of Concurrent Sessions
|2:10 - 2:20 p.m.
|2:20 - 3:20 p.m.
||Block 3 of Concurrent Sessions
|3:20 - 3:30 p.m.
|3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
||Block 4: Concurrent Sessions
|4:30 - 5 p.m.
||Door Prizes & Closing Reception
Concurrent and Poster Sessions
This year's conference features 24 concurrent sessions within the following tracks
- Course Design and Development (CD)
- Deans' Forum for Educational Excellence (DF)
- Digital Media Tools for Learning (DM)
- Fostering Learning and Student Success (SS)
- Tools for Teaching and Student Engagement (SE)
* Hybrid session – virtual attendance option.
Concurrent Sessions Block 1: 9:10 – 10:10 a.m.
- Using Resilient Pedagogy to Effectively Design Courses for Multiple Modalities (CD)
- Deans' Forum Session: Steps Toward Anti-Racist Teaching (DF)
- Digital Credentials: Badging Our Way Towards the Future of Learning (DM)*
- Jedi Mindset: Discussing Effective Learning Strategies with Students (SS)
- HSC Poster Session (SE)
- Simulations as an Engagement Tool for STEM Tipped Classrooms (SE)
Concurrent Sessions Block 2: 1:10 – 2:10 p.m.
- Student Perception of Exploratory Learning (CD)*
- Chair's Session - Invitation Only
- Student Perspectives on Digital Media Assignments for Learning (DM)
- What Can We Do to Develop Lifelong Learners? (SS)
- Troubleshooting Your Grading Plans to Support Student Learning (SE)
Concurrent Sessions Block 3: 2:20 – 3:20 p.m.
- The Section Leader Model: Building to Scale While Maintaining Quality (CD)
- Deans' Forum Session: Creating Equitable and Inclusive Learning Environments at UofL: A Conversation (DF)
- Teaching Writing with Digital Video (DM)
- Collaborating Across Campus Silos to Foster Student Success (SS)
- Tools for Conducting Effective Peer-Observations of Teaching for Teaching Assessment (SE)
- 2021 TILL Teaching Innovation Award Winners (SE)
Concurrent Sessions Block 4: 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Learning Objectives Aren't Sexy. You Should Be Using Them Anyway. (CD)
- Deans' Forum Session: Fostering Engagement in Synchronous Online Classes: Four Strategies for Success (DF)
- Deans' Forum Session: Unit Level Teaching Strategies: Scaffolding (DF)
- Experiential Learning in Teaching: Digital Media Tools for the Resilient Families Project (DM)
- Achieving Unconscious Competence (SS)
- Utilizing the Libraries Collections to Promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity (SE)*
Wondering if You Should Attend?
Here is what prior attendees had to say about the experience:
“This conference is a high–grade, professional, and satisfying conference. I loved attending it, and have attended it every year since 2015!”
“I attend every year. First and foremost, I go to be part of a community of scholars who are dedicated to quality teaching.”
Connect with Us and Each Other!
Follow us on Twitter: @delphicelebrate and join the conversation using the hashtag #UofLCelebrate when tweeting.
Thank you to our Event Sponsors