Cardinal Card Online Photo Submission
Please note: This process is only available to students attending summer, transfer, graduate or online orientation sessions. All other students starting in the Summer should report to Cardinal Card Office starting May 1st, 2017 or for Fall starting August 1st, 2017.
Freshman: Submit an online photo for your Cardinal Card and be entered in a drawing for the chance to win one of two Amazon Echo Dots. Follow us on and to find out the winners of the contest after Freshman orientations have concluded.
Every student is required to have a Cardinal Card. This card confirms that you are a University of Louisville student and indicates you are entitled to the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a student. The Cardinal Card functions as your ID card, meal card, and library card, among many other uses.
- Verify that you are eligible to submit a photo online. (This process is only available to students who have completed online orientation or will be attending summer/transfer orientation.)
- Create an acceptable digital photo using specifications below. Photos are subject to the approval of the Cardinal Card Office.
- Submit photo by 4:00pm EST on the business day prior to the first day of your orientation session.
- Pick up your card at one of these locations - show a photo ID (driver's license or passport) and turn in your agreement form.
- Freshman Summer Orientation - Miller Hall at the end of your orientation session.
- Transfer Orientation - Student Activities Center, Multipurpose Room during your orientation.
- Online Orientation - Cardinal Card Office, Houchens LL05, after you’ve completed orientation.
- Grad School Orientation - Student Activities Center, Multipurpose Room during your orientation.
Your photo must conform to the following specifications:
- The photo must be a recent, color, head and shoulder passport style photo.
- Face must be clearly visible and facing forward - no profile shots.
- Background must be solid white or off-white background with no other objects showing.
- No sunglasses, baseball-style caps, or novelty headgear in your photo.
- Headpieces worn for religious purposes are acceptable.
- Blurry or out-of-focus photos are not acceptable.
- Student must be the only person in the picture.
- No copyrighted photos.
- No glamour shots.