Before you graduate (or if you drop below half-time attendance), regulations require that you complete an exit counseling session. The counseling session helps guide you in managing your student loans after college. Here's the best part: you can do the counseling online with Financial Counselor.
The world of student loans can be confusing. There are several loan programs, each with different features. Now is the time for you to learn about such features as grace period, deferment, cancellation, billing and the consequences of default.
Failure to complete the exit counseling session could result in a hold being placed on your academic records.
Before You Start you will need the following information:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver's license number
- Name, address, and telephone number of your next of kin and/or parent
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for two references residing at different addresses
- Name, address, and telephone number of your expected employer (if known)
NOTE: Providing names and information for your spouse, parent, next of kin, and references does not obligate them to assist with repayment of your loan. Regulations require that you provide this data so your loan holder can locate you, if, in the future, they have an invalid address or phone number.
if you have any questions, please contact the Bursar Office by phone (502) 852-6503 or email.