Third Party Billing
Third-party billing is a billing method by which an entity (company, corporation, or other government agency) can establish special billing arrangements.
- Cover tuition and mandatory fees for students you sponsor
- Entity receives and makes payment against special bills emailed directly to a third-party office
- Payments are not made to a student’s university-generated bill
The sponsor must submit a letter of authorization to the Office of the Bursar. For more information, see Sponsored Student Information below.
Please contact Bursar Office with questions on third-party billing procedures.
Personal sponsors or sponsors that pay based on the student’s grades are not eligible. If your sponsor has chosen to pay based on your grades, you may apply for the Tuition Reimbursement Payment Plan.
Sponsored Student Information
To initiate the process the student must submit a letter from their sponsor to the Bursar’s Office containing the following information:
- The student’s name
- The student’s 7-digit University of Louisville ID number
- The beginning and ending date of the sponsorship
- The types of fees covered (tuition, health insurance, housing, dining, etc.)
- The sponsor’s billing address, contact name, and email address to which the invoice should be sent
The sponsor’s letter must also state that University of Louisville will be paid directly. Payments are not to be sent to the student.
An invoice will be sent to the sponsor after the beginning of classes each semester.
- If for any reason, the sponsor does not pay the invoice, the student will be liable for full payment of all charges incurred.
- To prevent any complications with graduation, please check with the Bursar’s office approximately one month prior to graduation, to verify that all invoices billed to the sponsor have been paid in full.
Student's and sponsors may find answers to important questions by visiting the frequently asked questions (FAQ) below:
If you have additional questions or need further information, please contact the third party billing office or by phone (502) 852-6503.