Office of the Bursar
Fall 20 Tuition and Fees:
The University of Louisville is permanently changing its tuition structure for individual online courses. For the Fall 2020 semester and beyond, tuition rates for online courses will be the same as rates for in-person courses. There will no longer be a different rate or surcharge for individual online classes.
This means students can take any mix of online, in-person and hybrid classes for the same base credit hour rate. The new structure is in place for both undergraduate and graduate courses.
Please note that students who are enrolled in a 100% online degree program through our Online Learning office will continue to pay online program rates.
- Fall 2020 charges will begin to be available on student accounts beginning July 6th
- Fall 2020 Payment plans will open on July 13th. Please visit for information.
University of Louisville’s response to COVID-19 →
University of Louisville’s campuses remain open, and the Bursar Office is still actively serving the UofL community, though the majority of the Bursar staff will be following the recommended guidelines of working remotely.
Bursar inquiries can be emailed to email@example.com. Emailing is the recommended method at this time to address questions, and multiple staff members are monitoring this email service account. If you are a student, please ensure you include your name and UofL ID in the email, and it is highly encouraged you send the email from your University email account
The Bursar Office will be open by appointment only beginning Friday, March 19th until further notice. Please contact the office by email or phone, using information below, if an in-person appointment is necessary.
- Payments from your checking account
- No fee when paying with this option
- Credit/Debit card payments
- We accept Discover, Mastercard, and VISA
- There is a 2.75% non-refundable transaction fee to use Credit/Debit cards.
If you need to speak to a Bursar representative, please call 502-852-6503 between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday thru Friday. A staff member will address your inquiry.
The Office of the Bursar is committed to providing students, families, and the University community support in meeting their financial obligations to the University while serving in an environment of equality, responsibility and dignity. To best assist the University of Louisville community, we strive to provide exceptional customer service in making the student billing and payment process as accurate, accessible and seamless as possible. Our open-door policy allows our staff to be readily available to provide assistance by email, phone and in-person visits during normal business hours.
Email Notification Policy
The official method of communication with the University of Louisville Bursar's Office is via the University issued email account. In order to stay informed and aware, students are required to set up and maintain their email accounts. You should check your email frequently. No paper billing statements will be issued.
We recommend that you add the following email address to your "safe" list within your email system's spam filters: firstname.lastname@example.org
If our office does need to mail a check, document, form or notice, we will use the mailing address from your ULink account.
- Tax Form 1098-T - This form is now available via ULink Self Service.
- Establishing Authorized Payer: Your son/daughter may request that you receive electronic billing notifications. This allows a student to notify another person, who may be making a payment, of account information and due dates to avoid late charges. The student must authorize this via their ULink account under the “Authorized Payer" process on student services tab.
University of Louisville requires all students to accept a Statement of Financial Responsibility. An acknowledgement of the statement is required prior to each term registration.