Course Certification for Veterans Benefits
We have moved the processes for requesting GI Bill benefits to ULink. Beginning Summer 2020, you will submit your request for certification by following the instructions below. Make sure your internet browser's pop-up blocker is disabled before beginning the process.
- Log in to ULink at ulink.louisville.edu.
- Select "Profile."
- Select "Veteran's Education Benefits."
Course Certification for Veteran Benefits
- STEP 1: Select current semester only! If your schedule is final and complete, check "certify."
- STEP 2: In the "choose one" dropdown box...
- If you are a currently enrolled student who has used benefits at the University of Louisville you should select "N/A"
- If you are a new student to the university of Louisville you should select...
- "yes" if you have already completed the correct Change of Place of Training Form
- "I will" if you will complete the Change of Place of Training Form.
- STEP 3: Carefully review and select all that apply:
- "Select a VA Educational Benefit" (right side)
- If you do not know what benefit you are using, please refer to your Certificate of Eligibility or call the GI Bill hotline at 888.442.4551 for clarification. Selecting the wrong benefit will delay your certification for benefits.
- STEP 4: Section 702 of the Choice Act
- Kentucky's application
- Certificate of Eligibility required
- Check "I have read and understood the above criteria"
- STEP 5: Select the courses that you want to be certified.
- If you are utilizing federal tuition assistance for any course, DO NOT SELECT course(s) for certification (Chapter 1606 & Post 911)
- Check box: "I understand that the VA will not pay for duplicate coursework (unless mandatory for my degree) or any classes that do not show as fulfilling a requirement on my academic advisement report or for classes in excess of the amount required by my degree program."
- STEP 6: Read the disclaimer!
- Check box "I have read and understand disclaimer."
- Click "Save and Submit"
- Upon completion of certification, you will receive notification that your document has been submitted.