Duthie Center for Engineering Renovation
Architect: Lord Aeck Sargent with Associate Architect Voelker Blackburn Niehoff
Engineer: Staggs and Fischer
Structural: Senler Campbell
Civil Engineer/Landscape Architecture: Jordan Jones & Goulding
General Contractor: Bornstein Building Company
Completed: November 2009
Area: 34,300 sq. ft.
Description: The project is on the UofL Belknap Campus south of Eastern Parkway and south the J.B. Speed Scientific Building. The existing structure is two stories with approximately 32,800 gross square feet. It was constructed in 1945 with two additions constructed in 1978 and 1988. This project is a complete renovation of the building including finishes, mechanical and electrical systems and a 1,500 gsf 2-story mechanical addition. Student Commons, Career Services, and Freshman Engineering. Introduction Classrooms are located on the first floor. Computer Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) Research and Teaching Labs, Administration and Faculty Offices will be located on the second floor. The building is planned to achieve LEED Silver certification with focus on energy conservation, indoor environmental quality and use of renewable and recycled materials.