Whether you’re working on the next great medical breakthrough, developing a thought-provoking work of art or wanting to do something good for the community, the Office of Research Development and Strategic Initiatives can help you find funding.
Funding types include:
- Grants from federal grant agencies, such as the Environmental Protection Agency, National Institutes of Health or National Science Foundation;
- Limited submission grant opportunities, which only allow a set number of proposals from each institution. These require an internal proposal to the Office of Research Development and Strategic Initiatives.
- Grants from foundations and non-profit agencies, such as MacArthur and Pew Charitable Trust.
- State Requests for Proposals;
- Large Grant Opportunities;
- Internal grants, which are sponsored by UofL for research and innovation.
For researchers looking to translate their work into viable products, UofL also has a “superfecta” of translational grants: AWARE:ACCESS, the Wallace H. Coulter Translational Research Partnership, NIH ExCITE and the NSF Innovation Corps (I-Corps.) site program. UofL is the only school in the U.S. to have all four of these prestigious programs.
Additionally, there are plenty of notifications sources to help you stay on top of what opportunities are out there. UofL also has its own funding newsletter service.