Master of Education in Teacher Leadership
Where Teachers Learn to Lead
The Master of Education in Teacher Leadership at the University of Louisville was created by the College of Education and Human Development in collaboration with P-12 classroom teachers, school district specialists, university faculty and school administrators in an effort to enhance the skills, knowledge and expertise of the Rank III certified Kentucky teacher, who has earned a bachelor’s degree and who wants to build their capacity to be a leader in their classroom, school and district.
Our Teacher Leadership master’s curriculum provides opportunities for customization including endorsements, specializations, or certificates within the program, for a total of 30 credit hours. The M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership prepares you to serve as a leader working strategically with learners of all ages; to facilitate change at the classroom, school and institutional level; and to coach other teachers to enhance their pedagogical skills. It is designed around theories and practical techniques that will help you achieve a meaningful and successful career, while also empowering those around you.
- The Teacher Leadership program is designed primarily for Kentucky certified teachers who want to develop leadership skills that can impact and influence students and peers.
- The 30 credit hours (ten courses) are available 100% online.
- Curriculum is structured to strengthen skills in assessment, evaluation, curriculum and instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Specialized courses are tailored to specific content areas and grade levels. Courses are taught by world-class faculty with extensive teaching and research experience.
This program places priority on your classroom and school as the focal points of course discussions, assignments, and assessments. This focus allows you to directly apply what you are learning to your teaching environment, in the classroom and beyond.
Endorsements available online within M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership:
Specialization options available online within M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership - Special Education:
For additional endorsements or specialization options available on campus within the M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership, contact our academic advisor at email@example.com.
Magnet Career Tuition Waiver
Kentucky public school teachers in Magnet Career Academies may be eligible for limited tuition assistance at UofL. The Tuition Waiver Form is available through the Office of Career and Technical Education's Kentucky Tech Principals' Resource page.
Teachers who earn a Master of Education in Teacher Leadership may pursue various career tracks including:
- Curriculum design specialist
- Curriculum coordinator
- Curriculum and instruction specialist
- Instructional coach
- Instructional assessment and evaluation specialist
- Board certified behavior analyst
- Assistive technology specialist
- Autism spectrum disorder specialist
- Department chair
- Classroom reading/literacy specialist
- Instructional technology specialist
- English as a second language specialist