Becoming a Cardinal is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1) Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor
After you are admitted, schedule an appointment with your academic advisor by logging into CardSmart with your ULink username and password and clicking "make an appointment." View step-by-step instructions (opens PDF). (If you experience an error, please allow 2-3 business days for the assignment of your academic advisor.
For Spring 2021, Virtual Orientation will be provided for all students at no charge, and registration is not required.
Access to a Virtual Orientation module will be added to your New Cards Gateway approximately one business day after you are admitted to UofL for spring 2021. You can complete your Virtual Orientation module at your own pace – you will not be required to login on a specific date/time; however, you should expect the entire module to take about 1-2 hours to complete. You will be able to start and stop as you need to, but will be required to complete all sections of the module in order to successfully complete your orientation requirement.
The module will consist of multiple sections that present to you information in a variety of ways to maximize engagement and learning, including videos, voiceovers, and presentations.
Please note: The orientation hold on your account will be released within one business day of completion of virtual orientation.
To access Virtual Orientation
- Log into your New Cards Gateway (available approximately 1 hour after submitting your enrollment deposit)
- You will login to your Gateway with your personal email address and password created at the time of application to UofL
- Click on the "Spring 2021 Transfer/Adult Orientation" or "Spring 2021 Online Programs Orientation" link in the New Cards Gateway Checklist section
- Use Google Chrome as your browser
- On the Microsoft Sign In screen, enter your UofL email address in the userID@louisville.edu format
- Click Next
- On the Enter password screen, enter your ULink password
- Click Sign In
You will not be able to login if:
- You enter your userID@louisville.edu email address incorrectly
- Your University accounts are not activated. Click here for activation instructions
Enroll in Classes
After you have completed academic advising and orientation, you will be ready to register for classes when registration is available. Please note that you will be required to complete pre-registration questions before gaining access to enrollment. These questions can be found in the “Tasks” tile in ULink. Click here for the registration schedule.
Please Note: International students (non-immigrants) should not register for Transfer/Adult Orientation. International students will complete a required International Student Orientation before classes begin. Information regarding International Student Orientation will be communicated through the University of Louisville's International Center. Welcome to UofL!