David Lominadze, Ph.D.
David Lominadze, Ph.D.
DAVID LOMINADZE, Ph.D.
Institute of Physiology, Tbilisi, Georgia, 1990
Our goal is to understand mechanism of microcirculatory disorders during various cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases. We study alterations in blood cell interactions with each other and their interactions with vascular endothelium and blood plasma components. Changes in these interactions are involved in microvascular permeability, angiogenesis, and vascular remodeling affecting normal healing process during pathologies such as hypertension, diabetes, stroke, traumatic brain injury, and Alzheimer disease.
Changes in microcirculation are studied by intravital microscopy and observation of isolated and perfused microvessels. Some specific mechanisms are studied in cell culture. In addition, we use various biochemical and molecular biology methods.
- Muradashvili N, Tyagi R, Lominadze D. A dual-tracer method for differentiating transendothelial transport from paracellular leakage in vivo and in vitro. Frontiers in Vascular Physiology. 2012; 3: 166-172. Featured on Antibody Resource
- Muradashvili N, Qipshidze N, Munjal C, Givvimani S. Benton R, Tyagi, SC, Lominadze D. Fibrinogen-induced increased pial venular permeability in mice. J Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. 2012; 32(1): 150-163. Cover photo. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21989482
- Muradashvili N, Tyagi N, Tyagi R, Munjal C, Lominadze D. Fibrinogen alters mouse brain endothelial cell layer integrity affecting vascular endothelial cadherin. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 2011; 413(4): 509-514.
- Lominadze D, Dean WL, Tyagi SC, Roberts AM. Mechanisms of fibrinogen-induced microvascular dysfunction during cardiovascular disease. Acta Physiologica. 2010; 198(1): 1-13. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19723026
- Patibandla PK, Tyagi N, Dean WL, Tyagi SC, Roberts AM, Lominadze D. Fibrinogen induces alteration of endothelial cell tight junction proteins. Journal of Cellular Physiology. 2009; 221(1): 195-203.
- Sen U, Tyagi N, Patibandla PK, Dean WL, Tyagi SC, Roberts AM, Lominadze D. Fibrinogen-induced production of endothelin-1 from endothelial cells. American Journal of Physiology - Cell Physiology. 2009; 296(4): C840-C847.
- Tyagi N, Roberts AM, Dean WL, Tyagi SC, Lominadze D. Fibrinogen induces endothelial cell permeability. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 2008; 307(1-2):13-22. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17849175
- Tyagi N, Moshal KS, Tyagi SC, Lominadze D. GABAA receptor mitigates homocysteine-induced endothelial cell permeability. Endothelium. 2007; 14(6): 315-323.
- Lominadze D, Roberts AM, Tyagi N, Tyagi SC. Homocysteine causes cerebrovascular leakage in mice. American Journal of Physiology, Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 2006; 290: H1206-H1213.
- Lominadze D, Tsakadze N, Sen U, Falcone JC, D’Souza SE. Fibrinogen- and its fragment D-induced vascular constriction. American Journal of Physiology, Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 2005; 288(3): H1257--H1264.
- Lominadze D, Dean WL. Involvement of fibrinogen specific binding in erythrocyte aggregation. FEBS Letters. 2002; 517(1-3): 41-44.
- Lominadze D, Joshua IG, Schuschke DA. Increased erythrocyte aggregation in spontaneously hypertensive rats. American Journal of Hypertension. 1998; 11(7): 784-789. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9683038
- Lominadze D, Joshua IG, Schuschke DA. In vivo platelet thrombus formation in microvessels of spontaneously hypertensive rats. American Journal of Hypertension. 1997; 10(10): 1140-1146. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9370385