Dr. Jonathan Becker
After growing up in Chicago, I went to Minneapolis for residency and fellowship training. It was there that I met my wife, a Louisville native, and we subsequently moved to Louisville at the conclusion of my fellowship training. Prior to joining the faculty at U of L in 2005, I spent close to four years in private practice. First, in an outpatient primary care setting then joining an orthopedic group where I practiced sports medicine full time.
I joined U of L in order to become involved with the sports medicine fellowship as well as participate in teaching residents and medical students. A large part of my time has been and continues to be working as a team physician with University of Louisville athletics. Aside from my role with the fellowship, I also served as an associate director of resident education until February of 2014 when I was appointed program director for the Family Medicine residency program.
My teaching interests are mostly related to sports medicine and include musculoskeletal exams, concussions, medical problems of the athlete, and joint injections. Outside of medicine, I enjoy playing golf and ice hockey as well as attending sporting events of all sorts. I also have a daughter who keeps me very busy. She is in grade school and is completely obsessed with her iPad, Disney and figure skating.
- BS—Biology: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
- MD- Chicago Medical School
- Residency—Family Medicine: Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- Fellowship—Primary Care Sports Medicine: Hennepin County Medical Center
- Board certification- Family Medicine, CAQ in Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Academic Appointment- Associate Professor, Department of Family and Geriatric Medicine