Ideas to Action has adapted the Faculty and Professional Learning Community Model from Miami University in order to engage faculty and staff at the University of Louisville in exploring and applying concepts relevant to Ideas to Action.
Currently, the i2a learning communities at UofL include:
- Faculty Learning Community on Critical Thinking (FLC-CT)
- Faculty Learning Community on Culminating Undergraduate Experiences (FLC-CUE)
- Collaborative Learning Community (CLC)
- Part-time Faculty (PTF) Cohort Program
- Part-time Faculty Learning Community
These learning communities provide an ongoing opportunity for a group of faculty or staff to engage in cross-disciplinary dialogue, structured activities, and reflection related to specific teaching and learning topics.
Each learning community is comprised of 6-12 faculty or staff who have an interest in and commitment to attending interactive learning sessions on a regular basis throughout the academic year or semester.
You can watch and hear faculty reflect on their experiences in the FLC-CT in our Faculty Speak! video.