What is expected from Spring 2010 FLC-CT participants?
Participants will meet for a series of group sessions to promote learning, discussion, and support in a multidisciplinary and collegial community. Individual consultations and coaching to supplement the group work will be available before & after the FLC-CT semester.
Specific FLC-CT expectations include:
- Attend the opening FLC-CT luncheon, attend five out of six of the scheduled meetings and discussions during the Spring 2010 FLC-CT timeline, and fully participate in all FLC-CT sessions including completing readings and related tasks.
- Explore and implement "best practices" in integrating i2a and mapping the Paul-Elder critical thinking framework into their course design, or in the redesign of a specific assignment.
- Develop strategies for intentionally and purposefully incorporating and modeling critical thinking in learning experiences, including "Think-Aloud" protocol.
- Create multiple, diverse, novel opportunities for students to practice critical thinking skills including the use of "real world experiences."
- Develop and implement individual goals and/or outcomes for the FLC-CT.
- Submit electronically and share examples (before and after) of instructional materials (e.g., revised syllabus) throughout the FLC-CT as requested.
- Consult individually about teaching and learning goals in Spring 2010 with i2a team members at least once between December 11, 2009 and January 8, 2010.
- Serve as an i2a advocate within home units and within the U of L community upon completion of the FLC-CT. This may include presentations to the unit, Task Group, future FLC-CT groups, i2a Institute and other events.
What is the timeline for the Spring 2010 i2a FLC-CT?
- September 2009
- Friday September 18 - Launch Call for Nominations
- Wednesday, September 30 - FLC-CT Information Session
- October 2009
- Friday, October 16 - FLC-CT Information Session
- November 2009
- Tuesday, November 3 - FLC-CT Information Session
- Thursday, November 12 - Nominations due to i2a FLC-CT Selection Committee by noon
- December 2009
- Wednesday, December 2 - i2a FLC-CT Selection Committee meets
- Friday, December 4 - Spring 2010 FLC-CT Cohort is announced
- Friday, December 11 - FLC-CT Opening Luncheon
- December 2009 - January 2010
- Friday, December 11 thru Friday, January 8 - Individual Consultations with i2a team members
- January 2010 - April 2010
- Periodic Friday sessions. See Nomination Form for dates