Walking and Running Club
Get Healthy Now's Walking and Running Club welcomes all levels and abilities!
Looking for a Walking or Running Club?
Whatever your goals may be, joining Get Healthy Now's Walk-to-Run Club can help you achieve your walking, running and fitness goals! This encouraging group is sure to get you inspired to move for the health and fun of it! The GHN Walk-to-Run Club provides a great social network in an atmosphere that is supportive of your fitness goals. We'll never take the place of your favorite walking/running shoes, but we'll be there every step of the way!
We want you to get the most out of your walking/running, whether it's training for a personal best in an upcoming race or keeping up with the kids on weekends. The miles go by easier with friends.
Get Healthy Now's Walk-to-Run Club welcomes all levels and abilities! Join to get tips and pointers on how to reach your potential as a walker/runner.
- Informational Session: Thursday, January 16th from 5:15-6 p.m.
- Walk-to-Run Club: January 23-April 10:
- Thursdays from 5:15-6 p.m.
- Meets at the GHN Wellness Center, 601 Presidents Blvd.
Sign up today!
Walking and Running on your own:
- Walking and Running Routes on campus, 1-5 miles, presented by GHN: Belknap (pdf) Health Science Campus (doc)
- Check out http://www.mapmyrun.com to create your own route, network with others, track your mileage, and more!
- Dress properly for the weather! Here are some pointers:
|Temperature||How to Dress|
|55°F+||Shorts and short-sleeve top|
||Shorts or tights and long-sleeve base layer top|
|33°-44°F||Tights and long-sleeve base layer top; gloves and thermal headband optional|
||Tights, long-sleeve base layer, second top layer (e.g. vest), gloves and thermal headband; second bottom layer (e.g. running pants) optional|
||Tights, second bottom layer (e.g. running pants), long-sleeve base layer, jacket, gloves, thermal headband|
Local running clubs:
Local running clubs typically offer a variety of activities such as beginning running programs, regular group or training runs, distance training programs, organized racing teams, local events calendar, and much more to meet your running needs.