Welcome to the Commission on the Status of Women website. As current Chair, I invite you to review and explore how the Commission positively impacts the lives of women and families in their faculty and staff roles at the University of Louisville.
A highlight of the more notable changes includes the following:
- Championing an increase in parental leave from three to six weeks;
- Spearheading a change in The Redbook specifically listing childbirth as grounds for stopping the tenure clock if requested;
- Establishing an on-campus children’s learning and child development center;
- Monitoring salaries of women faculty and staff for parity with their male peers; and
- Supporting institutionalization of the PEACC program.
This coming year, we have equally exciting and ambitious goals. One of our main objectives is to complete a review of progress made from the 1994 Task Force Report on the Status of Women. These objectives will serve as the basis for the Commission’s goals over the next two years. As a chief policy advisory group appointed by the President to advise on gender equity issues, we look forward to making more advancements to improve the lives of women across the University.
Jeanne Guerrero, COSW Chair 2015-2017
Program Director, High School Dual Credit/Visitor Programs
Director, AP Summer Institute
Office of Admissions
University of Louisville
PH: (502) 852-8110
FAX: (502) 852-6526