“The purpose of a bona-fide internship is to integrate classroom learning with practical skill development in a real-world setting.” - United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Internships are the perfect way to gain real job experience before you even graduate from the University of Louisville!
Career Development Center Internship Program
The University of Louisville Career Development Center offers a comprehensive Internship Program designed to help match students with internships and receive academic credit for their experience.
Internship Program Requirements:
- Be a second-semester sophomore, a junior, or a senior enrolled at UofL
- Have a minimum of 45 credit hours
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 grade point average
- Have a current resume. Make an appointment with one of our career counselors for help with reviewing or creating a resume or visit Drop-In Advising
- Schedule an appointment with the Internship Coordinator to explore your options.
Internship Position Requirements:
- Paid or unpaid experiences related to a student's degree program and career plan
- Majority higher level functionality beyond administrative
- Minimum 12 weeks in length - dates must coincide with the semester / academic calendar
- Minimum of 12 work hours per week and 150-hours total
- Approved by Career Development Center
Internship Program Success Story: